Photobucket

Photobucket

"Living the Life"

Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 | By Kaye | In

Being a christian isnt easy especially in this generation. Where being a 'Born Again'is often ridiculed and mocked. It has even evolved into a trend. It's a shame specially for people who have seen the light and who truly loves the Lord...but it's all part of it- Jesus Himself said that we who are true christians will suffer reproach.
I do accept that but it doesnt make it easier. I've been through it so many times...feeling like an oddball, sticking out like a sore thumb, being ridiculed behind my back, BUT allow me to say that I'am proud to follow Christ, I'am willing to bear all kinds of reproach because I love Him and I guess only kindred spirits will understand that. And apart from that there are endless forms of temptation and they arent the easy type, those are the ones targeted at your weaknesses...your very own waterloos' I suppose.

Yes we do fail and quite often perhaps but am I grateful that He holds me up and sees me through. That is the confidence that we have in God, the reality that He is the same yesterday, today and forever. He is the only unchanging thing in this unstable and ever changing world. We know we can count on Him and that He will never fail.

Given all His wonderful qualities, I realized that the only thing I could give back to the Lord is my desire to draw nearer to Him, to be able to manifest His life through mine that others may see, that despite all the cruelty,chaos and negative things in this world there is a God who loves them and is concern and willing to help and lift them out of the miry clay...if they let Him. Walking and living Gods'way is a life changing experience and when you do you wont trade it for anything else. That I can guarantee. Though it isnt a bed of roses as some might think, at the end of the road and everythings been said and done...choosing Christ is more than worth it.

" One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple."
PSALM 27 : 4

Comments (0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...