Photobucket

Photobucket

The Comforter Of the Soul

Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 | By Kaye | In

I am always at awe with my Lord. He is the sweetest presence in my life, He never judges me, never fails me, never gives up on me...ever. And when I finally decided to lay down my life for Him, there was no regret, but only a feeling of pure joy and surrender which washed down on me. I've never felt anything like it, no other human emotion comes close to it and I know it's because it came from Jesus.
Since I decided to stand up from my fall, I felt how the forces of the enemy came rushing back in, all around me...I know, I felt their anger- but I felt no fear because the God that I serve is the great God Almighty. It was even a comfort to know that once again I am considered a foe. Oftentimes the battles are overwhelming but I am glad that the Lord is the comforter of my soul. He settles me, calms all my fears and hushes all the other voices in my head.

One time I was just bawling my eyes out, I was grieved to the core of my soul and I didn't sleep for a couple of nights, worrying about my problem and then I felt the urge to get my bible and read and in my mind I said to myself- maybe the Lord wants to tell me something. So, I opened it, teary eyed and desiring to hear from Him- and there was one highlighted verse where my eyes immediately laid on:
"Thus saith the Lord; Refrain thy voice from weeping, and thine eyes from tears: for thy work shall be rewarded, saith the Lord...and there is hope in thine end, saith the Lord, that thy children shall come again to their own border".
It was Jeremiah 31: 16- 17 and boy, did that verse hit me hard, straight to my heart and again I cried, but I did cry this time because of the comforting words he told me. I suddenly felt His peace and the sweetest presence, like He was embracing me...it might sound unbelievable but that was what I felt. Jesus Christ, what a marvellous, most gracious father we have in Him.

When we feel the desire to love Him, to lay down our lives for Him- let us not forget that He loved us first...He laid down His life first. He is the perfect example of pure love, in fact, the only thing He wants to do is to love us. IF we give Him a chance...
The devil continually try to distract us from knowing Jesus, he appears to be good at it too. He uses technology, entertainment, women, fame, power and money to steer us away from our God but to those who fervently seek Him, there is a promise: in Matthew 7 and in other scriptures as well- the Lord promised that those who seek will receive, see? we just need to have more faith, we need to believe what God says.

Dear reader, hang in there. I know for myself how hard life can get, how difficult trials and temptations can become but we have a Father in heaven who knows everything we are going through. He knows it all and He can do something about it if you'd only allow Him.
Oft times our sin and our doubts hinder God from expressing all His attributes to you and I but if we repent of our wrongdoings, truly forgive those who have transgressed us, cast away all doubts and instead take Him at His word- then friend, I can guarantee that Jesus Christ will move in your life. He will become everything to you that you will never need anything else. With God all things are possible, only believe blog- reader, that is the key.
Amen.

"The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit." Psalm 34:18

Comments (0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...