Photobucket

Photobucket

A Prayer

Posted on Friday, April 02, 2010 | By Kaye | In




DRAW ME CLOSER
by Kaye




Draw me closer unto thee Lord,
draw me closer unto thee
when the world and it's worries 
try to occupy me;
I am a battle scarred warrior but
I know deep inside,
The refreshing will come,
So in me do abide...

For thou art my bulwark
My strength and my song
My anchor in life, my hope
and stronghold;
My reason for being, 
the air that I breathe,
Lord deep in my heart thy will 
my heart seeks.

Draw me closer unto thee Lord,
draw me closer unto thee
when sadness sits nearby
and tears do not cease;
Let thy joy take it's place
and comfort my soul...
Let me rest in thy bosom
and peace do restore.


Let the 'I' lose all  it's power
and the fleshly yearnings fade;
Let every part of me yield to thee,
Til' my self will at thy altar I've laid.

Lord sweeten the bitter,
and lift my head up,
Mend the spirit that's brocken,
and fill thou my cup,
With thy Word and thy Spirit,
and Thy humility...
Cloak me with thy presence
Till I do not see me.

For I do not want to displease
nor to grieve and hurt thy heart,
Thou art the most precious One,
Let me not from thy side depart.
Hold me and keep me Almighty God, 
hold my coming and goings;
Let me dwell in thee forever
til I see You in my whole being...


Draw me closer unto thee Lord,
draw me closer unto thee;
Let your reflection in my life
shine like diamonds, til they see-
That the hand that transformed me,
can change their lives too...
Til they see that Thy Word
is eternal and true.


Comments (0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...