Photobucket

Photobucket

Dust

Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2011 | By Kaye | In , ,

I had my first experience of a patient who passed away during my shift and it was sad, I know it will be the first of many. I thought straightaway  where her soul went- did she come across Jesus? did she come across someone who told her about the Lord? was she told of salvation? was she told that there is a way out?  When I went back to the room and saw her demeanor, I knew she was dead...I felt for a pulse and grabbed my steth and there were no heartbeats... I sighed, hoped and prayed to the Lord that her soul would not perish. I do not know if that amounts to anything but I hope she went to the right place, I hope it was light that she saw at the end of a tunnel.
It reminds us of our mortality but we also have to think beyond that. A lot of people don't believe that there is a place we go to after death- and there truly is...remember in the Old Testament when Saul summoned Samuel? the story of the rich man who went to hell asking for a drop of water? Jesus Christ Himself went down to Hell and took the keys of death- for we are all headed that way, it is just a matter of decision and our eternal destination is decided here on earth, we make that decision by accepting or disbelieving God and His word. Men act oblivious to this truth, some will say 'enjoy life now and worry later' not realizing that 'later' can mean a long time in hell.

For those who serve, believe and obey the Lord- there is no fear of death because we know where we'll go after we have breathed our last breathe on earth. As the scripture says in 1 Corinthians 15:54-55
 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?


This experience burdened my heart even more as death constantly reminds us all that life here on earth is for a time and season only. As I straightened her body and folded her hands across her chest I realize that the body truly is just a shell which houses the soul. The flesh will return to dust but the soul is the prized possession. Jesus Christ died to redeem the soul of man when He died at Calvary- He went to hell and grabbed the keys of death off the devil's hand. Jesus resurrected and when He did- we did too, for we are in His loins, we are part of Him which makes us heirs of the resurrected life spiritually and naturally. That is the inheritance of the believer, amen. Thank you Lord for making a way.
It is not too late friend, to make that life-changing decision. It is not yet late too find refuge and gain eternal life in Jesus Christ. As long as you are still breathing, there is hope- I gently urge you to surrender your life to Christ, He is the true life and He is just waiting for you. The Lord wants us to live forever with Him, that is His desire...I hope we don't hesitate any longer. Let us take the offer of salvation seriously while there is still time.
 In this light, here are videos I want to share about testimonies:

 A lady who died, went to heaven and brought back to life again:




A man who died went to hell and back to life and became saved:




THERE IS HOPE IN JESUS CHRIST:

footer

Comments (1)

Amazing facts, very mystical indeed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...