Photobucket

Photobucket

Be Still My Soul...

Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 | By Kaye | In


Oftentimes we try to escape the silence. We fill our days with things to do, we fill our heads with knowledge, we avoid to keep still. We like to keep busy and be on the go all the time, we do all sorts of things to avoid it. I guess, we try to escape all the questions in our head...questions that we know require an answer.
But all our life, we keep running away from it even though way down deep inside of you- you know that a time will come where you have to face your Creator and give an account for the way you lived your life. Although you try to deny this fact, there is just no way getting around it and some people spend the rest of their lives just doing that. But we have to stop and ask ourselves these questions- where are we running off to ? at the end of the day, where are we heading for ? why ? why are we running away ?

Why are you running away?

Friend, I used to ask myself these questions, I used to run away from everything. From the brockeness of my life, from the despair and helplessness that surrounded me, from all my problems and from surrendering myself to the Lord. It took God awhile to get ahold of me, I tell you...
I guess, we are just afraid of facing our fears, afraid of the truth that we will find deep in our hearts and we don't want to confront it. We fear to look in the mirror and not recognize who we are...or perhaps not like who we've become. Afraid of the hidden hurt and sadness that you try to cover up day by day but lie down with every single night.

But we do get tired, don't we? we get tired of carrying all the weight on our shoulders, tired of fitting in, tired of having to put on a show for everybody. We get tired of pretending everything is alright when we know it isn't.
BUT...
there is somebody out there who knows what you're going through, friend and no matter how this modern world try to erase Him from people's minds... I believe that you do know there is a God. And He is the ONLY one who could quench that thirst in your heart, He is the ONLY one who could satisfy the hunger that the world cannot satisfy, who could give the peace and rest that you so long for.

Believe me, friend, I know how it feels, I've been through it too, see ? if I share with you my life story, you would think it came from a dramatic novel but hey- it's true and Jesus saved my life. That is the reason why I try to do as much as I can to tell people about Him, because God is real.
This cynical world, thinks that they are good enough, smart enough, and rich enough to ever acknowledge God nor need God in their lives - is just sad. Too proud to admit to our own mistakes, too proud to change...too proud to repent, and it's just heartbreaking to see that we deny ourselves from the source of healing, mercy, grace, strenght, salvation and above all- unconditional love because we are too arrogant and proud !
But God, the Creator Himself, came down from all His glory, clothed Himself in dust and died for YOU and me. He is the perfect example of humility, He even washed the disciples feet...
He loves us that much.

He can heal you from all your hurt, from all your suffering. Have faith and have courage. Jesus Christ can make you whole again. Question is will you let Him ?

Will you let Him carry your load ?
Will you let Him heal your brockeness?
Will you let Him change you from the inside, out ?
Will you let God save your soul from death ?
will you let Him be Messiah to you?
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5: 8

Comments (2)

hi,nice blog...........

I am bringing into my life more stillness and silence.

I really enjoyed this post! It is uplifting, reassuring & encouraging!

Thank you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...