Photobucket

Photobucket

Keeping The Faith

Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 | By Kaye | In , ,

Sometimes, I wish I could just stop time and everything would just freeze, literally...or slow down or something. Life gets too busy. There are so many things that we feel like doing, we feel we 'need' to do, ought to do, have to achieve- we hardly ever stop for anything. The whole world is too driven.
There are days when life just gets too busy, too demanding and  I sometimes feel that I am being pulled in into another world, a world whose focus is anything but godly...and that's just what it is. There is a culture that we step into for just about everything and I know that is just the way the world works really but for a christian- it is just not us. I know for me it isn't and I just have this gentle nudging in my heart to put the brakes on and just stop. Stop whatever I am doing and spend time on the Word, listen to messages and pray. I just want to spend some alone time with Jesus.


Technology and life is just driving men to a maddening pursuit of whatever it is- mostly material or fame or reputation and it's just not right is it? what we really need most is God. It is His presence in our lives, it's His Word living in us, it's His grace and mercy that we should be desperate for and not waste all of our time and effort on temporal things.


I need to remind myself especially also- well, it is the Lord really who is reminding me, because now that I am almost finished with my degree and ready for a job soon- I can already feel the pressure of working myself mad. I know we have personal goals but I really do not want to be consumed with these things, see. I made the decision that I would keep my place at home- be a good mother and wife and homemaker despite my career. That I would keep my Lord first before everything else.
I was pondering on these things when I was reminded of the story about Mary and Martha- how Mary sat at the feet of Jesus and Martha despite her good intentions- decided to do other things instead. This reminded me of how the flesh and the spirit war against each other- the inner man led by the Holy Ghost desires to be with Jesus, to sup with Him, to spend time with Him and the flesh is just driven to do other things. Therein lies the battle, friends.


We need to keep still for God to be able to speak to us. We need to literally stop on our track and give time to Jesus- not out of obligation but out of love for Him. We need to stop professing our love for God with our lips and actually 'do' what we say. We have to walk the talk and it has to be a lived experience.And I say this for all of us who say that we are christian and that we love Christ. Love is not love until it is expressed. It truly is not. Being a half-hearted christian is not following Christ at all...we have to surrender all and we have to die daily to our own selves. That is the cross that we carry.


I know that sounds rather tough and it will be tough if we do it by our own strength. We just have to trust God when he says that His grace is sufficient for our needs. That scripture should be alive in our lives. That is the challenge- the world is waiting to see Christ in you and me. The Bible says that the world is groaning for the manifestation of the sons and daughters of God (Romans 8:19) and although there is a population who mocks at believers, I truly believe that there are people out there who really want to see Christ in this day and age...people who thirst for truth, hope and God.


We are the Bride body of Jesus Christ, literally. Genuine, Holy Ghost filled believers carry a portion of God within them, for they come from Him and they will shine His light out onto the world. We represent Christ- and I hope you know the revelation of the responsibility attached to that. We know that not all who says they are christian- truly are...it's the manifest love in our hearts for Christ and towards others which shows our true colors. If we love God we will obey Him and his word, we will strive to please Him and every motivation and inspiration comes from Him and is done for Him. He becomes our everything, our daily bread and our very breath. We don't dress appropriately for others to see, we don't do good works to show off and impress other people or gain credit for it but we do all things unto Christ. Out of love for Christ...


On the other hand we can be sincere as sincere can be and yet when we stumble on a scripture which demands obedience- we see that as a wall and because it hurts too much to give things up, we just halt to a stop and we don't move onwards...we want to keep a small portion to ourselves, we might've given God 99% but kept 1% to ourselves- I mean a measly portion, you say. But God works differently my friend- the only way to gain Him is to give up ALL of ourselves...He wants the house swept clean of any carnal thing before He could come in and dwell in us. He wants to see the Word there.
I just encourage everyone, including myself- to spend more time with Jesus, to feed on the Word, to re-assess our life priorities, to pray for a closer and more honest walk with Jesus Christ. He is everything we need and more- and I do say that from my heart and from my life experience. 
The world and all it's shimmer is just a facade for death and rottenness- that is the truth. The world is dying, there is no more life in it. The only true life is in Jesus Christ only. Let us choose Him.





footer

Comments (4)

can i get ur msn id ?

Sorry but i don't have an MSN one and i hardly chat :( but you can email me at:
purefaith_kl@yahoo.co.nz

Looking forward to hearing from you.

In His presence is fullness of joy;
At His right hand are pleasures forevermore.(Psalm 16:11) What more can I ask for.

Amen, Chidozie. He is our all indeed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...